Section 1. Requirements of Major Offices
The President and Vice President must maintain an overall “B” average each semester with no failures in any class for the semester.
- The Secretary, Treasurer, Chaplain, Reporter, and Parliamentarian must maintain an overall “C” average, or above, each semester with no failures in any class for the semester.
- An officer of the Student Government must be enrolled in this school for one year prior to his term of office.
- An officer must be in good standing with the Faculty. This includes disrespect to a faculty or staff member, office referrals, suspensions, alternative school referrals, etc. An election committee composed of four (4) teacher sponsors (one from each grade) the Assistant Principal and the SGA Sponsor will examine the list of prospective candidates and will determine if a student is ineligible to run for office. If a prospective candidate is not approved by the Election Committee, he or she will not be eligible to seek the office.
- Prospective candidates must not have excessive unexcused absences or tardies.
- An officer must be familiar with the constitution of Southside High School.
Section 2. The Officers of the Student Government shall be:
- The President shall be a member of the Senior Class.
- The Vice President shall be a member of either the Junior or Senior Class.
- The Secretary, Treasurer, Chaplain, Parliamentarian and the Reporter shall be a member of either the Sophomore, Junior or Senior Class.